After looking at the alternatives and weighing up the options, we finally decided to go with Urchin (version 5, the standalone edition) for web site statistics at work.
I’ve been setting up some of our clients over the last couple of weeks and the more time I spend with it the more I like it. Everyone I’ve spoken to about it loves it too, as well as all the clients I’ve set it up for. Google must love it too, seeing as they bought the company!
Admittedly, I have used Deepmetrix Live Stats in the past and loved that too. Had we gone that way, I’d probably be singing it’s praises right now. Price point and integration with HSphere, the Control Panel system we use, were the deciding factors.
Anyway, I’m having a lot of fun with it, playing with the custom reports and trying to apply regex filters to the log source files (lots of trial and error there, let me tell you). The pretty SVG graphs are a lot of fun too.
Apparently version 6 of Urchin, currently only available as a hosted solution, will be available in standalone form in the next couple of months. Something else to look forward to!